The Answer, My Friend, . . .

"Where the hack is it?  Where has it gone???"

For my bi-weekly venture to the grocery. apart from gearing up with a face mask and my designated "outside clothes", arming with a detailed grocery list is a must.  Every time, I carefully map out where to get what for that trip so as to minimize the number of stops and possible exposure to the outside world.

The first stop was the pharmacy.  I got my meds and immediately moved on to store #2.

I looked at my list just before I got out of the car.  The moment I got into the store, I realized my list already had disappeared!  How did that happen???

I checked my purse, my grocery bags and every single pocket on me.  Nope.  It was not there.  I retraced my steps back to the car, search the car and then back to the store.  Still, no signs of the list.  

"I have only about 10 items for this store, but I have a long list for store #3!  How am I going to recall everything from memory?  How did I lose my list, anyways?  Argh!"  I was exasperated.

I scanned the ground throughout the store, and I checked out any piece of paper nearby.  No luck.  I did miss a couple things, but still managed to get most of what I planned to get.  Time to move on to the next stop.

As I drove by the entrance of the store, a sudden gust of wind brought a piece of paper onto the ground in front of my car.  I was ready to drive right over it as something in my head whispered to me in a tantalizing voice, "Ya know, this could be very much be your lost list . . ."  My logical self went, "No way.  You must be kidding me!"

I looked around; there were no other cars nearby.  My curiosity prevailed.  I decided to bring the car to a stop to check it out.

That piece of paper was sitting right behind to my front tire.  It was a quarter of a piece of letter-size paper -- just like the one I lost.  The things printed on it were very similar to that on the paper I used for my list.  I picked it up and flip it over. . .   Sure enough, it was my handwriting.  It really was my list!

What are the chances that you drop a small sheet of paper who knows where and then it gets returned to you right under your foot by a gust of wind half an hour later?  I have the feeling that someone is playing me.  I can almost hear the giggles . . .





Comments

  1. Good one again. I've done this a few times in my life. Kind of like looking for your glasses that you put on your head and wondering where they are when you need to see. I'm being nosey...what are you going to make with those groceries? I can only imagine your recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts